Brian Madden has written many articles on the problems storage can cause for VDI. He has made it known that he believes VDI should be used for 1-to-1 personal disk images instead of many-to-1 shared disk images.Unfortunately, this isn’t possible with local storage built-in to servers, and it’s not cost effective with traditional SANs.
This is where Tegile comes in. Our Zebi array is a hybrid HDD/SSD/DRAM primary storage appliance that’s perfect for VDI. (So much so that even Brian likes it, and you know that’s a tough thing to do!) In this video, Brian visited Tegile’s office to meet with our CTO, discuss their product, and learn how it works. He also got a demo of the management interface. Watch this video and learn about Tegile’s approach to storage for VDI.
- HPE Bought Nimble, But Can They Get Nimble?
- Flash Storage Goes to Hollywood
- Drive over to Lifetime Storage & avoid the highway to hell
- What does an installation of flash storage look like?
- Can you swap out storage — and trade up at the same time?
- When you pay as you go, there is no stress to buying storage
- Get off the Highway to Hell, er Dell
- Storage Layers Moving to Memory Pools
- IntelliFlash HD achieves lowest TCO for private cloud
- Get the Tegile IntelliFlash App for Splunk