Amita Potnis and Benjamin Woo dispel the myths regarding de-duplication in high performance environments. They review five key questions about de-duplication in primary storage environments:
- How are small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) different from large enterprises in terms of their storage needs?
- What is contributing to the explosive growth of data?
- What are some of the technologies that organizations can deploy to address cost and explosive data growth while improving capacity efficiencies?
- Primary deduplication often carries a connotation of performance penalties. What approaches can be taken to overcome this?
- What types of applications can benefit from primary deduplication?