Tegile makes the process simple and seamless
Remember when upgrading your storage system meant more time…and more downtime? We do, too. That’s why we made the upgrade process for IntelliFlash Arrays as simple and seamless as possible. Check out below the basics about the built-in automated upgrade feature for IntelliFlash, which requires no service interruption and no calls to support.
The first step is to determine which version of the IntelliFlash OS you’re running:
- Click on
System Namein the top right corner, and the drop-down will tell you the version number.
- Next, check to see if Tegile has a newer version available. In your System Admin page, go to
System Upgradesand click
Check for Upgrades. You’ll be able to tell if it’s time to upgrade.
To perform an upgrade, just click through the prompts. The process is fully automated, and you’ll be able to view the status on your screen.
Upgrade while you’re up and running
While best practices dictate performing an upgrade during off-peak hours – and we still say this is optimal – an IntelliFlash array is perfectly capable of updating itself while running any workload. This is how it works:
- During the upgrade process, the array automatically moves the active pool to the other controller.
- I/O requests are queued temporarily, and resume after about three to five seconds.
- Once the first pool is upgraded, it switches to the other pool.
- Once both pools are complete, they are automatically rebalanced to their corresponding controllers.
The array continues to serve application I/O, uninterrupted, all the while. And that’s all there is to it: a no-downtime, non-disruptive upgrade that you can complete without contacting support, completed in your time, and at your convenience.
Ok, ok, enough talk. Let us show you how easy and seamless this is! Watch this video to learn all about Non-Disruptive Upgrades on IntelliFlash: