Accelerate, store and protect enterprise applications with Zebi
If you’re using hard disk-based arrays for accelerating, storing, and protecting enterprise applications, especially those with Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, SAP and other databases, now there’s higher capacity and significantly higher performing solution. Tegile’s Zebi hybrid array.
Zebi hybrid arrays combine Tegile’s patent-pending MASS technology with high performance DRAM, solid state flash, Intel Xeon processors and high speed Ethernet or Fibre Channel, resulting in a better, faster, more economical storage option compared to hard disk-based or solid state disk only-based arrays.
In fact, this advanced technology is at the heart of makes Zebi arrays up to 5X faster than standard hard disk arrays. Zebi hybrid arrays allow you to:
- Handle very high transaction volumes
- Host a larger number of simultaneous users
- Read and write more I/Os per second (IOPS)
- Deliver the most in-demand data from DRAM or Flash
Give Databases a Performance Boost with FlashVols
In high-update OLTP systems, index files and other volumes are write-intensive. Moving these files to disks that are separate from other disks and separating this I/O from archived redo log files has the following benefits:
- Writing I/O intensive data is performed at the highest possible rate. Hence, transaction processing performance is at its best.
- Writing of the index files and similar volumes is not impaired with any other I/O.
Tegile’s MASS architecture has been enhanced with the addition of FlashVols to maximize performance for redo log files. Now, DBAs who need high-performance and high-availability storage will benefit from flash-grade performance for their applications without incurring the costs traditionally associated with high RPM disk drives.
FlashVols are volumes that are pinned in SSD so databases run at maximum performance without the potential for delay due to caching algorithms or tiering polices.
Increase storage with 5X more usuable capacity
With up to 75% less capacity required, on-the-fly de-duplication and data compression technologies, you can host more virtual desktops for a lower, investment in storage and network infrastructure – without compromising performance.
Less downtime and better protection than standard arrays
Zebi arrays are architected with no single point of failure and offer:
- Automatic failover capabilities
- Automatic snapshot and replication features
- Instant restore — roll back any machine to a previous state
- Ability to maintain on- or off-site duplicate for disaster situations
- Streamlined data back-up for increased bandwidth, reduced hardware expenditures and simplified management
Zebi’s browser-based dashboard is easier to use and more intuitive
The configuration wizard and tiered access controls simplify and enable virtual machine optimization with just a few clicks. Helpful graphs and customizable monitoring worksheets make it easy to identify trends and issues so you can plan and optimize more efficiently.
Zebi easily integrates into diverse enterprise IT environments
* Support SAN and NAS deployments from the same array with built-in Fibre Channel and iSCSI block-level protocols, as well as NFS and CIFS file level protocols